SEND Core Offer
A finite amount of EPSS time is commissioned by the Local Authority for Special Educational Needs statutory work and other core activities, as below:
- Statutory services
- Early Help services
- Targeted services
These services, as directed by Norfolk County Council, comprise:
- Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) assessments and attendance at EHCP planning meetings
- Statutory Reviews where there are questions regarding:
o The appropriateness of mainstream education for a child / young person
o Transition to a special school / setting
- Expert witness input to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal.
- Professional advice to Local Authority decision-making panels
The EPSS delivery of statutory services could be informed by an educational setting or professional team. Nonetheless, it is the Local Authority’s direction that the EPSS will follow when becoming involved in statutory services.
Early Help Services
These services are typically available through the Early Help hubs and may comprise:
- Professional consultation meetings
- Early Years mini-consultations
- Email and telephone consultations throughout the year
These activities aim to provide an early intervention service for early years settings, school and family based professionals, through consultative, capacity building services.
For more information about Early Help please see the NCC website:
Depending on EPSS capacity, professional specialist services for vulnerable groups of children might be available. The service can be commissioned by Children’s Services teams, following an intervention or as directed by Norfolk County Council.
These services might include:
- Multi-disciplinary collaboration for vulnerable pupils (e.g. Looked After Children, Not in Education Employment or Training).
- Targeted interventions (e.g. Cognitive Behaviour Intervention, Therapeutic Story Writing, specialist teaching, stress management) for vulnerable children.
The Service can be commissioned by Children’s Services teams, following an intervention or as directed by Norfolk County Council.
Information regarding enhanced services offered by EPSS at extra cost can be found on the EPSS Traded Services page.
SEN Core requests are ordinarily made through Norfolk County Council SEND/Inclusion Team.
Alternatively you can contact
Mr. Stephen Higgins
Joint Principal Educational Psychologist