Quality & Effectiveness
We aim to deliver high quality and effective service. To ensure this we:
- Employ only qualified staff who are eligible for membership of relevant professional bodies.
- Set standards for our professional work.
- Ensure that EPs, CPs, and OPs are registered with and regulated by the Health Care Professions Council in order to legally practice and use the terms ‘Educational’, ‘Clinical’, ‘Occupational’ or ‘Practitioner’ Psychologist in their professional titles. EPs, CPs and OPs also follow other professional codes of ethics too, such as those outlined by the British Psychological Society.
- Ensure that teachers are eligible for recognition by PATOS as having ‘Level 7’ skills, or are working towards such recognition.
- Ensure that all members of the team undertake a range of relevant continuing professional development activities. These endeavours also heavily inform the team’s practice, research and training offered to others.
- Provide supervision for all members of the core team.
- Place an emphasis on research and evidence-based work to ensure we are at the cutting-edge of good practice in psychology and education. Many members of the team have published widely including in peer-reviewed journals, professional periodicals and books.
- Have an effectiveness framework in place which includes seeking the views of clients and customers on the effectiveness of support provided, and measuring the impact of our work.
- Are evaluating ways of involving clients and customers more in the development and delivery of our services.
Further improvement and development
EPSS is constantly striving to improve the range and effectivess of our services. To this end we:
- Welcome suggestions and requests for particular interventions or ways of working not listed here.
- Are keen to hear from clients, customers and commissioners about ways of improving our work further.